Dr. Rashmi Tiwari, Fellow- Vital Voices (USA), SIMP (Sweden)
Founder & Director- Aahan tribal Development Foundation
Dr. Rashmi Tiwari is Founder & Director of Aahan Tribal Development Foundation (ATDF,) Fellow of Vital Voices (USA), Fellow of SIMP and a Certified Leadership Coach from NeuroLeadership Institute.
Dr. Rashmi Tiwari is an anti-trafficking crusader who has been working for the past 5 years with at-risk tribal girls and women in the Naxal areas of Jharkhand.
After completing her Doctorate in Economics she started her professional career from Associated Chambers of Commerce (ASSOCHAM). Soon after took the leadership position as Director at American Chamber ofCommerce (AMCHAM) in India and then Executive Director at CEO Clubs of India.
She used to actively help social welfare organizations by providing them guidance and connecting them with corporate donors in her attempt give back to the society. In one of such funding related cause she went to a small village in Orissa. The plight of the tribals who were offering their children to her in exchange of money shook her to the very core and had such a powerful impact on her that she quit her corporate life and dedicated herself to the cause of preventing trafficking of tribal girls and empowerment of tribal women.
Awards and Recognition
- She has been selected as one of the emerging women business leaders from India under the Fortune/US State Department Leadership Mentorship Program. She was mentored by Ms. Anne Mulcahy, Chairperson & CEO, Xerox Corporation and also featured in Forbes magazine.
- She has been chosen as one of the Top 100 women leaders across the globe by TIAW (The International Alliance for Women.
- Dr. Tiwari has earned fellowship from the VV Lead Program, which is an initiative ofVital Voices and DFID. Vital Voices is A US based NGO and offshoot of Vital Voices Democracy Initiative established by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Madeleine Albright
- She has been chosen as one of the “Good Crusaders” by The Economic Times.
- She has been featured in several international media like The Washington Post.
- She has been invited to speak at the 92.7 Big FM to share how she has been able to bring down trafficking under the Project Maiyan program of Aahan Foundation.
- She has been chosen as one of the Tejaswani’s by the show “Tejaswani” on DD News and also featured on the program “Shunya Se Shikhar Tak” on Lok Sabha TV.